Updated 30th Jan 2017
Two projects are affecting the Rostherne area in 2016-17
1. Lanes around Rostherne will be closed in rotation by LIMA who are pipe-laying on behalf of United Utilities during 2016-7. Our map shows our suggested diversion for the duration. There will be diversion signs for motorists, but we’re not sure about Cheshire Cycleway diversion signs.
On 30th Jan 2017, we were informed of more details of the closures:
Rostherne Lane will now NOT be closed.
Other lane closures will run consecutively, and as the contractors don’t know the exact durations of the works, dates given here for the closures are predicted but could change. The road closures will be in this order:
1. Marsh Lane investigations 30th Jan-3rd Feb 2017
2. Ciceley Mill Lane 27th March 2017 for approx 2 weeks
3. Marsh Lane 11th April for approx 8 weeks
4. Birkenheath Lane tbc
We hope to be kept updated on any other changes.
2. Note that in addition, Costain is working on constructing a new road parallel to the A566 which means Cherry Tree Lane is no longer a through route, so this is not an option for diversion. Once the new road is open, the old A556 will become restricted to walkers, cyclists and horse-riders only, so will create new options in the area. Progress of this project is available on the Government’s Highways webpages